The off grid Shepherds Huts sit beside Wiggold Wood and its ancient oaks, with incredible views across the fields. Right at the heart of the farm, far from anyone and a gentle 25 minute stroll down the old railway line to the farm shop and cafe. Mainly tarmac, perfect for bikes
Small groups looking for their own magical private spot, with incredible views and tonnes of space. Ideal, for one family, two families (kids in tents!) , two couples, plus up to 4 friends in tents
- The main hut has a big double bed and cosy woodburner, a table and chairs
- The second hut (slightly smaller), simply a bedroom, furnished with a double bed, a couple of stools and small low cabinet
- A south facing outdoor fireplace with stunning views perfect for cooking, with logs to sit on
- A simple covered outdoor kitchen with a gas ring and cold water sink
- All basic pots, pans, crockery and cookery utensils as well as a couple of bags of firewood
- Picnic bench
- A private compost loo just inside the wood 10 seconds away and a simple gas shower.
- A separate standalone cold water tap. All water is from the farm bore hole, safe and delicious to drink
Recycling / Landfill
The Farm Shop has glass and tin recycling bins in the overflow car park for you to use. We do not have the facility to take anything else, so please take it away with you
What To Bring
- All bedding
- Loo roll
- Nightlights / torches / matches
- An open mind to the great British weather!
What Not to Bring
Not too much food! The farm shop is full of fresh veg, fruit, meat, dairy and bread from the farm as well as all the groceries, alcohol and household items you could ever need. The cafe (currently closed due to Covid-19) serves hot drinks and cakes, light breakfasts and delicious vegetarian lunches (with meat from the farm on a Sunday).
- Arrival from 4.30pm
- Departure by 11am
- ! No electricity !
- Cars park 30 seconds walk from the huts
- No dogs, day visitors or amplified music
- 3 night minimum for bank holidays
What To Do Here
- Relax round the fire / in the sunshine (!) with stunning views, soaking in the peace and quiet
- Let the children roam around the ancient Wiggold Wood, right next to the huts and hours and hours of fun
- Amble down the old railway line to the farm shop to pick up local fresh organic food to take back and cook on the fire
- Explore the farm and it's many woodlands, meeting grazing animals (wild ones too) along the way. Just be sure to stay on the right side of the fence and keep gates closed
- Explore the farm....during the summer there are farm walk, tours and activities. Booking essential.
- Hire eBikes from Cotswold eBikes who are based on the farm and can deliver right to the Huts. Child seats and trailers available. Choose one of their bespoke routes taking in the beautiful Cotswolds with lots of sights, food and watering holes along the way
- Cirencester (Roman capital of the Cotswolds) is 2 miles away and has a brilliant museum, a lido and lots of independent shops to explore.
- £280 for two nights (up to 4 people)
- Extra guests (up to 4 extra) £12 each per night
- Two night minimum stay (3 night minimum for bank holidays)
"We loved staying in the Shepherd's Hut! It was windy and rainy but we were completely snug in there with a roaring fire. The location is perfect - completely private but just a short walk to the farm shop and cafe for delicious food. The perfect trip!" Harriet